TYPE OF REFUSE DAY OF WEEK TO BE PUT OUT BETWEEN
Commercial Monday through Saturday 5pm and 6pm
Residential Monday through Friday 6am and 8am
Bar and Restaurant Monday through Saturday 6am and 7am
5pm and 6pm
Sunday 6am and 7am
Recycling Monday through Saturday 6am and 8am
Cooking grease Monday, Wednesday & Friday 6am and 8am
Bulky refuse By Appointment only See below
Download Printable Schedule
Terms of Service:
1. Refuse is only to be put out for collection at the times listed above.
2. All refuse must be appropriately bagged and secured and carried to the sidewalk without being dragged and placed next to the kerb so as not to cause unreasonable impediment to pedestrians.
3. Cardboard boxes may be placed out for collection provided that they are secure and contain no wet refuse. All small boxes must be bagged or otherwise contained and secure.
4. All wet refuse must be bagged and placed in a standard plastic garbage bin with a secure lid such as a “Wheelie Bin”. The bin should be clearly labelled with the address of the owner.
5. Cooking grease must be stored in sturdy leak proof plastic containers.
6. Bulky refuse collection (e.g. appliances, computers, furniture) is done by appointment only with the Asst. Sanitation Supervisor - 531-0003. The City of Hamilton will only collect small loads at the discretion of the Asst. Sanitation Supervisor. Customers must make their own arrangements for larger loads.
7. All refuse for recycling must be put out in blue plastic bags.
8. Items such as plastic bread trays, milk containers, wooden pallettes must be stored inside the owners premises at all times. The City does not collect these items.
9. No garden, foliage or construction waste will be collected.
10. Any person who fails to comply with these requirements and so causes the City of Hamilton to provide extraordinary services will be charged a minimum service fee of $500.00.
Do your part to help keep our City sanitary and clean and free from unsightly litter, not to mention rodents and other vermin attracted to refuse.
Your first bin is on us, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can visit your premises and determine your needs.
Wheelie Bin Application Form
A Clean City is a Safe City!