City Hall Closed to the Public
For Immediate Release
Public Relations Manager
City Hall Closed to the Public as of Monday
Hamilton – March 28th, 2021
In light of the recent rise in cases of COVID-19 and the Government’s directive this weekend for all residents to work remotely where possible, the City of Hamilton will be scaling down its operation as it looks to minimize its footprint and the risk of infection for both its staff as well as the public.
As of 9:00am on Monday morning, the administration offices at City Hall and the City Works Depot on Laffan Street will be closed to the public with staff working on a remote basis wherever possible. The two art galleries located in City Hall will also be closed until further notice.
The public can be assured that essential City services such as refuse collection and sewage treatment will not be interrupted at this time. Waste bins will continue to be emptied and street and sidewalk sweeping will continue. The City will continue to deploy staff to all parks, on an as needed basis, for maintenance and upkeep. The public bathrooms and parks around the City will remain open at this time; frequent sanitizing of high-touch surfaces will continue.
The City’s website www.cityofhamilton.bm continues to be operational for online applications and payments and any additional press releases from the City will be posted online as well as to our social media platforms on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Below is a list of department heads at the City should anyone need to urgently contact a City official:
- Operations: Duane Crockwell – email@example.com – 533-2441
- Engineering: Kirk Richards – firstname.lastname@example.org – 505-2677
- Sanitation: Anthony Darrell – email@example.com – 504-8261
- Parks: Steven DeSilva – firstname.lastname@example.org – 300-6446
- Port: Earl Francis – email@example.com – 505-0892
- Communications: Helen Zoellner – firstname.lastname@example.org – 534-3624
- Finance: Tanya Iris – email@example.com – 537-0608
- Marketing & Events: Jessica Astwood – firstname.lastname@example.org – 707-1364
The City’s number one priority for its staff and the public is their safety. The City urges everyone to use best practices and heed the advice of the Government and health officials.
### ENDS ###